Argentium is a patented silver alloy invented in 1996 by the English silversmith
and Professor Peter Johns.
Argentium is environmentally friendly because no chemicals are needed to strip it.
It is made from recycled silver.
Argentium has different properties than conventional silver and requires a
different way of processing that you need to know and learn.
But the result is amazing.
- Tarnish protected - no tarnishing for a long time
- Can be fused with regular soldering equipment without the need for the application of solder
- Better moldability (up to 70%), good extensibility / tensile strength
- White color
- Does not trigger allergies
- No blue silver is formed
- Can be hardened in the oven
- Environmentally friendly, as no silver plating, passivation or rhodium plating is necessary
Christine Zock - Schmuckwerkstatt Silberfeile official "Argentium Instructor" offers special Argentium courses.
The courses will teach you how to handle, weld and process Argentium, as well as the combination of Argentium with fine gold by welding or the Korean technique Keum Boo.
Christine Zock – Silberfeile
Glonner Straße 13b, 85640 Putzbrunn